8.19.2010

A family that dances together, stays together...

My, my, my...it's been a while since I've posted a Thankful Thursday (feel free to participate by clicking on the button!). Thursday's are usually the busiest days of the work week- deadlines galore in the writing world and lots of paperwork to file away [that's my life!] but the upside is that it usually goes by fast! Today I just wanted to recognize how thankful I am for FAMILY! None of us can choose them like we choose friends, and although everyone can claim some dysfunctional members or habits-- there is still nothing like the love, support, and encouragement from family. Whether far or near, today I'm thankful for those I share blood with. Thank God for my beautiful ohana! (The one thing I learned from watching Lilo & Stitch!)

Thankful Thursday

On a recent trip to Virginia, we spent a weekend with my cousins and had a hilarious time playing the Just Dance video game from Wii with some family friends. For your enjoyment pleasure, here is just one highlight (b/c Blogger video sux!) This is what teenage boys do when they think no-one is looking! lol

PS- The game is really as fun as it looks, and you can get your workout in as well!

video


Fun weekends!

11 comments:

Ms. Understood said...

LOL @ At that video. I might have to look for that game. I have Dance Dance Revolution . . . .haven't touched it in months. Maybe I should just play the game I have huh? I came back you page yesterday wondering if I missed a post . . . Glad to see you posted today. I agree, even with some of the baggage, family members are the best!

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK Real Estate Info for the Sandwich Generation said...

Hi Tica, My computer didn't mesh with your video, but I bet it was cute. I've enjoyed fun Wii activities for grandparents and their grandchildren playing bowling games with my grandchildren - they ALWAYS beat me! :) The nice thing is that when we really went bowling you could tell they had learned a lot from playing it on Wii - educational as well :)

Have a blessed Thankful Thursday!

Jill said...

I want that game! It looks like so much fun :) I love dancing.

Beth.. One Blessed Nana said...

isn't it good to just be thankful and to praise our God for all things?

He is so GOOD!

sarah said...

love that video and today..I'm really thankful for family too.

Ai Mei said...

Hi Tica, I'm Nica (lol). Nice to see a fellow Costa Rican neighbor around here. Found you through the blog hop :)

I know what you mean, we have a dance game for the Wii too, so fun!

-Ai Mei
http://studentsavingbucks.blogspot.com

Design It Chic said...

I am visiting you from Social Parade follow on Friday and i like your blog!
Also we have the coolest blog-hop there is... no rules just fun and would love you to join in:) Oh and if you need any blog help or easy HTML tips, you know where to come! Happy Friday!

3 Giggly Monsters said...

HI I am you newest follower from FF, would love for you to follow me back at
http://megankayden.blogspot.com/

Dorkys Ramos said...

Ha, that looks like so much fun! I'm tempted to get it for my Wii since I keep hearing about this. Or I can hit up my cousins for a Just Dance tournament at their house :p

Miss Journey said...

Aw that looks like so much fun. This post is so on time for me. I've spent the last week in Memphis for a friend's wedding. Even though I wasn't surrounded by my own loved ones, the love was undoubtedly in the air. I was immediately welcomed with southern hospitality and accepted as one of their own. Can't forget the love I tasted in the biscuits, barbecue, and sock it to me cake.

I will definitely look into playing games like that with my own family. It looks like so much fun. Where's the clip of your dance routine Missy? I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to see that. :-)

Jessica Auguste said...

where can i get this game!!! the holiday season is approaching and this looks like a family get together must have.