12.05.2010

Reverb Day 3: This magic moment...

It's crazy to be thinking about 2010 as the past year, but I love reminiscing, so today's prompt excites me:

Moment. Pick one moment during which you felt most alive this year. Describe it in vivid detail (texture, smells, voices, noises, colors).

I get an adrenaline rush when I get to chance to go (especially on a plane). Anywhere, anytime of year. I can't think of any place that I will say' no!' if you ask me to go. Anytime I can pack my North Face bag, my neck pillow, blankie, and camera I'm happy.
This picture was taken this year at Harbour Island, Bahamas. This quaint little island where you need go-carts to get around boasts the world-famous Pink Sand beach (a result of the breaking up of the red shells from a tiny sea creature called 'foraminifera'). I loved the privacy on the beach, you could leave your belongings on the sand and not worry about keeping your eye on them. Most of all, the water was calm, beautiful and clean. I came to the Bahamas during a sensitive time, questioning why after a year of searching- I couldn't find an internship, why my relationship was falling apart, why overall I did not feel fulfilled by life. 4 months later, things have improved and shifted in my life but my love for travel and simply changing my environment remains constant!
I love this picture and am thankful this moment was captured. The beauty at the bottom of the hill, just like what awaits us in life sometimes, is hard to see when you're at the top of the hill- it's still hidden by all the obstacles in the way. This picture reminds me that there's still beauty to be found, even in the middle of the craziness.

No comments: