12.05.2010

Reverb Days 4 & 5: Cut and Cultivate

Here's the 2-for-1 weekend package. I'm finding that realistically I won't be able to post everyday, but I will try my best to indulge the questions and post ASAP!

Day 4:
Wonder. How did you cultivate a sense of wonder in your life this year?

Okay, am I the only one stumped by this prompt? I feel like I've got to revert to my English major-ness to decipher what I've got to be writing about. So, like a true student, I went to find someone else's post to see what this means. Here's what I found: The definition of wonder is 'to be filled admiration, amazement, or awe'-- I feel I'm constantly doing that each time I travel. That's like a given right? You see new things when you travel, new experiences even when you're visiting a place you've already been. That's not my answer. I think I've cultivated (which refers to a seed planted that I've watched and tended growth) a sense of awe and excitement when I decided to start my book club- and make that a priority. This is not something I wanted to do halfway, and I found someone as dedicated to it as me (because two heads are always better than one!) Everyday I'm thinking of new books to share, ways to share my love for books with other, inviting them out to meet new people and read something they don't usually. It has really become a passion of mine, and something I look forward to every month.


Day 5: December 5 – Let Go. What (or whom) did you let go of this year? Why? (Author: Alice Bradley)

This year I've let go of the notion that friends are supposed to be around forever. I have a bad habit of getting really attached to people, and when they don't respond the way I want them to, or we get into a disagreement we don't bounce back from I get really emotional. I've been told over and over that there are some friends that are only around for certain seasons, but that doesn't necessarily make it easier to let them go. I'm learning when those things happen, God always brings me around or closer to people who I already associate with but don't intimately know. They usually turn out to be good people, and even if they are not around for 5 years, or even 2, I'm trying to stay focused on how important they are to me now. And making sure they know that too.

No comments: