It's 2011 and time for some changes around here! Don't you agree? If you've checked out the site today on and off, you can see that's it's going through some physical changes and I can't wait for the finished product. It's the first time that I've actually invested this amount of money into a blog that is not necessarily paying me (monetarily, anyway) and I must admit that it's a scary and bold move. Doubts like: what if my blog content doesn't match the look of the blog and what if not enough people care about this makeover? what if I did it just for me? I'd be lying to you if I said I did this makeover just for me, any creative product (ideas, words, designs) we put together we look forward to the positive feedback and reinforcement of others. Well, let me officially thank my designer (of the layout, the majority of changes) Bailey of B's Blog Boutique and Jonathan of JonCreative (who designed my super cool header), they are truly some talented and uber patient people. For my first experience, I'm almost 100% satisfied (I'm not even sure 'perfection' is even attainable, with my fickle likes and dislikes at times).
Here are some things that I'm excited about today!
1. It's 1.11.11, isn't that cool enough to celebrate?
2. The awesome come-back of the BET show The Game Season Premiere is today, and Her Journey is gathering all fans together in the City for the celebration! Nothing like socializing, eating, drinking and being merry!
3. The March/April 2011 issue of Bridal Guide Magazine will be released soon, and if you turn to page 6 of the travel supplement you'll see a little page called 'Resort Roundup' written by yours truly! (and if you don't want to buy the magazine, just e-mail me for a scanned copy).
4. I'm back on Facebook with a more purposeful approach to using the website merely for advertising and promoting. It feels better than the idle time I spent perusing through people's pictures and foolishness. Okay, pictures are still fun, but foolish stati are not.
5. New York is allegedly getting some snow tonight, quite possibly enough to call tomorrow a SNOW DAY!
6. I'm busy and I'm happy, I'm not exactly where I want to be right now, but I'm grateful for the process.
What do you guys think of the look so far?
That's all folks!