1.09.2011

New Year, New Look!

It's 2011 and time for some changes around here! Don't you agree? If you've checked out the site today on and off, you can see that's it's going through some physical changes and I can't wait for the finished product. It's the first time that I've actually invested this amount of money into a blog that is not necessarily paying me (monetarily, anyway) and I must admit that it's a scary and bold move. Doubts like: what if my blog content doesn't match the look of the blog and what if not enough people care about this makeover? what if I did it just for me? I'd be lying to you if I said I did this makeover just for me, any creative product (ideas, words, designs) we put together we look forward to the positive feedback and reinforcement of others. Well, let me officially thank my designer (of the layout, the majority of changes) Bailey of B's Blog Boutique and Jonathan of JonCreative (who designed my super cool header), they are truly some talented and uber patient people. For my first experience, I'm almost 100% satisfied (I'm not even sure 'perfection' is even attainable, with my fickle likes and dislikes at times).

Here are some things that I'm excited about today!

1. It's 1.11.11, isn't that cool enough to celebrate?

2. The awesome come-back of the BET show The Game Season Premiere is today, and Her Journey is gathering all fans together in the City for the celebration! Nothing like socializing, eating, drinking and being merry!

3. The March/April 2011 issue of Bridal Guide Magazine will be released soon, and if you turn to page 6 of the travel supplement you'll see a little page called 'Resort Roundup' written by yours truly! (and if you don't want to buy the magazine, just e-mail me for a scanned copy).

4. I'm back on Facebook with a more purposeful approach to using the website merely for advertising and promoting. It feels better than the idle time I spent perusing through people's pictures and foolishness. Okay, pictures are still fun, but foolish stati are not.

5. New York is allegedly getting some snow tonight, quite possibly enough to call tomorrow a SNOW DAY!

6. I'm busy and I'm happy, I'm not exactly where I want to be right now, but I'm grateful for the process.

What do you guys think of the look so far?

That's all folks!

10 comments:

Mimi said...

Loooove the new look!

Chocolate Mom aka Blupoetres said...

Happy New Year!! Love the new look! And maybe you'll scan me a copy of your celebrity write up!!

Mrs. K said...

I'm diggin' the new look!

Jennifer B said...

I LOVE it! Money well spent!

K. Rock said...

The blog is beautiful!! Glad you are happy doing big things.

AMP said...

Love the new layout Tica - the picture up top actually reminds me of you!

Jessica Auguste said...

I love the new layout! I would like for it to maybe have a tan background just to get away from that traditional white one we probably are tired of seeing on Facebook all day. Other than that-I am happy for you and we are going to ride this journey with you till the end.

Miss Journey said...

What a great first post for the New Year! I could hear "I got a new attitude" playing while I read it. haha.

I'm loving the new look, and I love the things you're happy about. I'm happy that you're back on facebook too. I agree that it is a tool that can be used to our benefit (twitter too) and the nonsense can be weeded out if so desired. So yay!

Sounds like things are going well. Can't wait to see how you continue to grow and unfold this year.

Alicia@ Mommy Delicious said...

Hi Tica! I haven't been here before, but the blog looks good, girl! Wow, wow... you are doing a feature in a magazine, making over a blog, keeping the blog fresh with content, re-establishing your presence on Facebook, finding time for friends, and enjoying LIFE... I want to be YOU when I grow up. Seriously though, I love it when I see people busy, happy busy.

I'm definitely looking forward to connecting more with you as I love to travel (as you have read) and I'd love some tips from time to time. Next up: A spring break trip in March for my son and me. Maybe Disney World. And, as per your comment on my blog (THANKS so much, by the way), you will have to make your travels more family-oriented, but trust me, it'll be GREAT!

xoxo

Alicia@ Mommy Delicious said...

PS: Happy New Year!